Tales from the Bonny Blue House

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Deck Schooling

Looks comfy doesn't it. SInce the weather is so nice and I am remembering how much cabin fever we get in February I have been doing "deck school" as often as possible. This picture was taken yesterday afternoon. This morning we had school on deck as a matter of necessity. Yesterday while baking I made the mistake of using too small a pan for a cake. There was a BIG mess in the bottom of the oven so this morning afer breakfast was cleaned up and school began I turned on the self-cleaning. About ten minutes later we were driven out of the house through clouds of smoke. Tears streaming down my face I was running in and out bringing out school supplies. I then spent the next hour teaching on the deck and silently praying that none of my neighbors would notice the smoke pouring out of every window in my house and call the fire department. No one did. I don't know if I am relieved or annoyed that I could potentially burn to death and no one here would notice. All's well that ends well. The oven is clean the smoke cleared and the children got some fresh air while doing their math and religion.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home