Tales from the Bonny Blue House

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Dental Epidemic

There seems to be an epidemic of dental appointments in the Catholic homeschooling world. I took all five children yesterday for check-ups as did Cay and Danielle Bean. Funny. The appointment went well. The good news was.... 1. Kelli loves getting her teeth cleaned. 2. Erin's six year molars are all in. 3. Ryan was great about getting a small filling. 4. Katie was a terrific patient too. 5. They were all really well behaved. The bad news was... 1. It cost more than my couch. Way more.... 2. Kevin does not like getting his teeth cleaned and protested...loudly. 3. There is a rash of teeth brushing around here today which might seem like good news but you aren't here cleaning my bathroom. 4. Erin needs to get sealants on her new molars. 5. That will cost more than my coffee table. We had a 1:30 p.m. appointment and they managed to get us out within about an hour which is not bad. They are pediatric dentists specializing in special needs children. We began by just taking Ryan but the other kids wanted to go too. The office has two giant video machines. There are a few playstations and a tv tuned to Nickelodean. There are tons of toys and stuffed animals to play with and while you are in the chair you can watch tv or look at the murals painted on the ceiling. When you leave each child is handed a balloon, a goody bag containing a piggy bank, a coloring book, crayons, a toothbrush and a cache of stickers. It's nice but I wish they would just charge less. I need a new couch.

2 Comments:

  • Wow!

    Your dentist is more child-friendly than ours.

    Mine get a new toothbrush as they leave the office. Last time we were thrilled to get coupons to Pizza Hut for free personal-pan pizzas!

    We're lucky to find an old copy of Disney's "The Little Mermaid" to read in the waiting room.

    But he's good with the kids and they work with our insuranc---accepting what they pay---so I'm left only having to pay pennies and dimes.

    I'd rather use him and buy the kids a Happy Meal afterwards. : )...and myself a new sofa...if ya know what I mean.

    LOL

    Ah, the dentist...this conversation could go on forever!

    By Blogger Cay Gibson, at December 07, 2005 6:53 AM  

  • I do, I do... Healthy teeth are one thing but a couch I can see!

    Thanks for your nice comments!

    By Blogger Friar Suppliers, at December 07, 2005 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home