Tales from the Bonny Blue House

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Pink?

Why is the Bonny Blue House pink? I was making an effort to decorate for Advent and was using my minimal HTML skills to change some colors. Anyway, it's a long story and I don't come off too well in it. I ended up having to switch to a template provided by the blog host and in doing so swept away my sidebar (see I told you I didn't come off well in this) so pink it is. Still an Advent color but not the look I was going for. Live and learn. It was an opportunity to do some new things on the sidebar and I hope to post some other things of interest soon. I am looking into launching my own website, this will take some time because it requires skill. I have no skill. Dave and I were joking the other evening about the dead languages we know. BASIC, COBAL, FORTRAN.... Anyone who went to college in the 80's will know what I am talking about. Anyone else will need to check an excyclopedia.

2 Comments:

  • Hi, Mary Ellen,

    I was just checking in to see how things are at the Bonny Blue House.
    :-)

    Hey, if I can get my blog to turn lavender, you can too! I found the area on the template that listed the background color, and took a stab at typing in "lavender" in place of #555 or whatever it was. It might work for you, too ....

    By Blogger Karen Edmisten , at December 05, 2005 12:59 PM  

  • Why think you MaryEllen and Karen! I'm reaping from your wisdom! ; ) And I am VERY grateful. :)

    Christmas is the time for sharing, isn't it? LOL

    Now, how do I get my profile sidebar to the top alongside my posting area? I can't figure it out!

    Learning something new every day.
    Bless you both!
    Cay

    By Blogger Cay Gibson, at December 07, 2005 6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home