Tales from the Bonny Blue House

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Friends

I had a day yesterday that would have been completely impossible without the help of my friends. I am so blessed in my friendships that I often fall asleep thanking God for the people he has placed in my life. Last night a HUGE thunderstorm woke me up and as I was laying there trying to fall back to sleep I was reflecting on my day and how important these women have become to me. A lady at ice skating shared with us a poem about sisters she had been e-mailed and I was listening thinking "well, I don't have sisters." Then God slapped me in the back of the head (I need that sometimes) and I looked around the table I was sitting at. Mary, Chris, Theresa, Angela, Cathy. My sisters, not in biology, but of the heart. I have friends whom I don't have to call, they just anticipate needs and act. They are there in a loving and giving way that touches me everyday. I honestly have no idea where I would be without them. And I know that they know that they can count on me for anything. They laugh with me, pray with me, have cried with me, come through for me, counsel me, guide me, tell me when I'm wrong, applaud my successes, and ignore my failures. They are mostly, homeschool moms, all Catholic, all beautiful and all heaven bound. I am so grateful we are journeying together.

1 Comments:

  • MaryEllen, I am all choked up again. Thank you for putting words to what I am sure all of us were feeling Friday... you are a treasure to us all!

    By Blogger Becky, at January 14, 2006 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home