Tales from the Bonny Blue House

Monday, January 09, 2006

And two more makes seven...

One of the best moments of my whole life occured today. Going to the OB for the first time during this pregnancy was a little nerve wracking. I was a little concerned because of the miscarriage I had about eighteen months ago. Sensing my nervousness the doctor asked me if I would like to have a sonogram right away instead of waiting until the usual 10 week time.He thought it would relieve my mind and he was right. I knew the Ultra-sound technician from previous sonos. She's a really nice lady and was squeezing me in between some regularly scheduled patients. She had the screen turned toward her as the sono began. Suddenly there was this funny look on her face. "How many children do you have?" she asked. "Five" says I. "No," she says "you have seven." It took me a second. She swung the screen around and there they were. Two little babies, shaped like jelly beans with stumpy arms, teeny, fluttery beating hearts. Baby B was wiggling. I could have watched them all day. I think the technician could have as well. We were both stunned. When I finally came out of the room she had stacked up patients waiting to go in. "Don't worry," she said, " you made my week." Then I started to giggle. I just couldn't help it, twins. Me. Us. Who would have thought that we could be so abundantly blessed. It is so wonderful to not only be given this gift again, the goft of a new baby but to be blessed with two is more happiness than anyone has a right to expect. I have this goofy grin that I just can't wipe off my face. God is good, all the time.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home