Tales from the Bonny Blue House

Thursday, April 27, 2006

In the Kitchen with Everybody

"Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality." Romans 7 Some people live that. I had occasion to be driving home late yesterday afternoon from our outing at the Cottage. It is about a half hour drive and during it I was contemplating getting Erin home, dressed for soccer then to soccer practice. Ryan's medicine need to be picked up and in there some type of nourishment had to be provided. The cell phone rings. It is the dearest friend in the world. She had been unable to got to the Cottage due to a few under the weather children. She tells me that she had gone crazy cooking and she had made me dinner. Who is luckier than me? It was a delicious meal complete with HOMEMADE BREAD and HOMEMADE BROWNIES. It was so wonderful. True hospitality. This friend and another and I recently spent many hours in a kitchen together on a Saturday. We made about seven meals for each household sharing equipment and basic supplies. Another friend had shopped for us at Restaurant Depot. The cost was minimal and the benefit was enormous. Inspired by that I spent this past Saturday making a few meals for the freezer. I also made a few batches of oatmeal cookies and an apple pie much to the delight of everyone here. While experiencing this urge to cook I have noticed that a lot of the 4 Real Moms have started their own cooking blogs. I love this idea. I have to tell you it is very tempting to me to start one. Although I am barely keeping up with this blog and my email and some other writing I am doing. I do see this in my future. Perhaps I can convince dearest friend to do it with me? In the meantime I'll be updating my sidebar to include some delicious new blogs you should not miss.

3 Comments:

  • This post has made me hungry, Mary Ellen. : )
    Does Restaurant Depot have a website, btw? We don't have one.

    By Blogger Cay Gibson, at April 28, 2006 5:00 PM  

  • A friend and I are contemplating sharing dinners - I cook for her family and mine several nights a week and she will do the same. A variation of your cooking together idea. Thanks for sharing!

    By Blogger Leonie, at April 29, 2006 5:48 AM  

  • Mary Ellen, it is not surprising that all the kindness you show to everyone inspires the same from from others. Plus, your best friend happens to be one of the sweetest women I know!

    By Blogger Alice Gunther, at May 01, 2006 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home